Call and discover how you can effortlessly enjoy silky, smooth, skin.
BODY Sugar pricing
Sugar VS Wax
There’s no question that waxing is popular, and a really easily attainable hair removal technique. And then there is sugaring, once you try this hair removal technique we guarantee you will never go back to waxing.
- The most important benefit of sugaring is that it removes hair out of the follicle in the natural direction of hair growth, which helps to extract the hair intact. One of the problems waxing causes is early re-growth due to broken hairs. Waxing can leave 15% to around 30% breakage behind. Sugaring eliminates broken hairs that plague waxing.
- Sugar can also pull hair in the earliest stage of growth, called the anagen stage. When hair is removed at this stage, the re-growth is much slower and finer. With waxing hair cannot be pulled with the traditional method of waxing at the anagen stage as it is too short for wax to adhere to it.
- Wax usually requires 3 weeks of hair growth, or for the hair to be ¼ inch. Sugaring can remove hair as short as 1/2 inch and is recommended 2 weeks after shaving.
- Over time, regular body sugaring treatments lead to hair diminishment.
- Sugaring uses only natural ingredients. The preparation is 100% natural. It contains sugar, lemon juice and water. Unlike wax, sugar does not contain any chemicals, resins or preservatives. It is hypoallergenic, does not cause any skin irritation and therefore safe for the most sensitive skin and skin conditions. Sugar is eco-friendly and is recyclable during the entire process.
- Sugaring paste is applied at body temperature and will not burn your skin. Hot wax has to be heated to a high degree in order to become liquefied which can cause burning and scarring. Sugar cannot adhere to live skin cells and this makes it less uncomfortable and less traumatic to your skin. It also makes it safe for skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Sugar removes dead skin cells so as your hair is removed your skin is also getting exfoliated!
- Sugar is also a natural antiseptic, therefore, if you are prone to skin irritation, the use of sugar as opposed to wax should eliminate irritation.
- A major advantage of body sugaring is that it is less painful than waxing. Sugar contains salicylic acid and this acid enters into the hair follicle and weakens the root, making the pull less painful.
- Body sugaring is very sanitary. Due to the high concentration of sugar, bacterial growth cannot occur. There is never double-dipping. Sugar does not require muslin strips as does traditional wax. It is extracted from the jar with a clean latex glove with each use. The sugar paste is never reused.
- The sugar paste can be cleaned up easily with warm water. Since wax contains resins, chemical solvents are required to remove its residues.
- Body sugaring is safe to be used on all body parts with hair! It is also safe for all skin types.